Saturday, October 26, 2013

Cinnamon's Volksmarch Log (Since I don't have an IVV Record Book!)

Here I am learning to follow the pink arrows.
I was asked which walks I have done and whether or not I am recording IVV Credit. Well, to tell you the truth, I understood that the AVA didn't allow dogs to get credit for their walks. But I do keep track... in my little coonie brain.

I am getting rather proud of myself. At first I didn't think I could walk more than a few blocks. Sometimes I'd make it around the dog park twice, but that was about it. You know, I am over five years old!

But recently I have been going on 10K volksmarches and I am doing just fine. In fact, today, I walked and hiked a 10K and when I got back to the motel room I took a nap. When I woke up I wanted to go walking SOME MORE! So we went down the ocean trail. I did great! I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF NOW.

So, for the lack of record books, here is what I have accomplished:

10K Vancouver Land Bridge Walk - Vancouver, WA - Vancouver Volkssporters - Website
10K Columbia River Walk - Columbia River Volkssport Club - Website
10K Sherwood - Soup Walk - Sherwood Merrywalkers - Website
10K WSU - Vancouver Cougar Views Walk - All Weather Walkers - Website
10K Halloween Walk in Yachats - Yachats Coastal Gems - Website

You know what? That is FIVE walks and 50 Kilometers. WOW!

While I don't get IVV credit, I guess it is fair because I don't pay a fee to the club either. Now if they accepted registrations for dogs, these clubs would have earned $3 per walk for my efforts. Hmmm. That's something to think about, Volkssport Clubs!


2 comments:

  1. FVA (FL Volkssport Association) printed out some books they made about 10 years ago and no, you couldn't get credit but you could hand enter the info from above. WHEN I get home (in Mexico right now), I'll look and see if I can find one. I THINK I may have one from back then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinnamon says: "That would be the next best thing to authentic IVV books!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon