|Yeah, I had some asparagus, but not this much!|
But I also learned that ASPARAGUS FERNS, the houseplant type, are not NOT OK FOR DOGS! According to this helpful article from Vetstreet.com "The asparagus fern (also called emerald feather, emerald fern, sprengeri fern, plumosa fern or lace fern) is toxic to dogs and cats. The toxic agent in the plant is sapogenin — a steroid found in a variety of plants. If a dog or cat ingests the berries of this plant, vomiting, diarrhea and/or abdominal pain can occur. Allergic dermatitis (skin inflammation) can occur if an animal is repeatedly exposed." Read their article for the 10 houseplants animals should NOT try.
So I'm safe. Phew!