Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Sunny Day! Fisher's Landing 5K Walk


Here's the big hill we went up.
I was full of energy at this point.
Hi, it’s me, Francesca. I just got inside from doing some heavy duty sunbathing on the back deck. Cinnamon and I were getting so tired of all the rain!

So, since it was sunny today, I got to go on a volksmarch. It’s one of those map-guided walks just for my owner and me. We didn’t see any other walkers on the trail this morning… just us.

This walk started at the QFC grocery store on 192nd in Vancouver. It is hosted by the Vancouver Volkssporters. I had to stay in the car while my owner registered. I was NOT happy! I was so tired of being inside and I was raring to go.

And off we went. The first thing we did was climb up a hill to an overlook. It was noisy as there are active quarries in the area. The quarry there began operations about 1881 and is still in operation today. But we walked up the hill to a little grassy park where we could look out over the quarries and to the Columbia River. 
 
Here I am looking around on the top of the hill.
 
There was information about Lewis & Clark
and the indigenous people. But I can't read so I don't know
much more than that.
I heard you could see Mt. Hood from there but it was too cloudy. I liked sniffing around up on the hill. Soon, it was time to go back down the hill and continue our walk.

We entered a neighborhood and heard some dogs in the fenced yards. I minded my business and didn’t bark. There was a nice wooded path that took us over Fisher’s Creek. It was too short for my liking because soon we were back walking through more neighborhoods.
 
Fisher's Creek was cool. There were two bridges and a short trail
I was getting kinda tired when, all of a sudden, we were back at QFC. I hopped in the car and went to sleep. Like Cinnamon, I’m a 5k kinda dog… well, unless I see a squirrel!

2 comments:

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon