Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Vancouver Washington Humane Society Fundraiser Walk: Join Team Cinnamon!

Since I am such an experienced walker, I have decided to register for the annual Walk/Run for the Animals, a fundraising event organized by the Humane Society for Southwest Washington (HSSW).  Yes, I am a "great walker," but I am also a shelter dog. I know what it feels like to be homeless. And I appreciate the wonderful humane societies that care for animals and find us homes. So this event is to raise funds for the humane society where I live now... in Vancouver, Washington.
I hope you'll join my team!
The walk is set for 9 a.m. on Saturday, May 3, at Esther Short Park in Vancouver. Advance check-in for the Walk/Run will take place at HSSW, 1100 NE 192nd Ave. on Thursday, May 1 and Friday, May 2, or beginning at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 3, at Esther Short Park.

Runners and walkers will participate on separate courses. Walkers (dogs and people) will enjoy a 3-mile walk along the Columbia River while runners will participate in a 5-K chip-time run through Ft. Vancouver Park. All participants will return to the Vendor Village at Esther Short Park for canine-friendly festivities, dog demonstrations, games and prizes.

Registration for the event is now available at www.southwesthumane.org/walk-run. The cost is $25 and allows participants to register individually, create or join a team and set up their own fundraising page.

Now here's where I, Cinnamon, come in. I STARTED MY OWN TEAM! IT IS TEAM CINNAMON. If you walk the event, please join my team when you register. We can meet and walk together.

If you can't walk the event, please consider making a donation to help me achieve my fund-raising goal. Donations can be made by going to MY FUNDRAISING PAGE.


For more information, visit www.southwesthumane.org.

Love, Cinnamon the Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon