Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Sunshine Brings Out the Best in the Old Dogs

Here's Indy Running with the Ball
Hi, it's me, Cinnamon. I've been worrying about how to get the lazy geriatric dogs I am watching out to exercise. Yesterday I came up with a three point Geriatric Exercise Program. Indy and Remi didn't like it much. They did ok at ball chasing but aside from that they just lazed around. I was fit to be tied.

But today, things got better. The sun was out and it was warm. Everyone wanted to be outside. I didn't have to drag them out of the house today! So first we wandered around the garden to warm up. Then, much to my surprise, Indy and Remi headed over to the gate to the exercise yard. THEY WANTED TO EXERCISE! (Score 1 for Cinnamon!).

Here's Remi getting some exercise (It's about time)
So we went in the exercise yard and did some running and ball chasing. Indy and Remi were doing so well at it that I decided to take a break and sniff around.... no need to over-do, right?
Here I am sniffing on the job. 
After that we went back into the garden and lazed in the sun. We all soaked up the sun. Vitamin D is good for geriatric dogs, right?

We stayed out for a long time and only went in when the clouds started moving in and it got cooler. It was a great day for exercising.

I hope they sleep better tonight now that they have had all that exercise. Between you and me, I was a bit upset when they woke me up at 6:30 a.m. asking for breakfast!

Life is rough when you are taking care of geriatric dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon