Monday, March 17, 2014

Cinnamon Loved the St. Paddy's Day Hough Parade in Vancouver USA

Top of the afternoon to ya! It's me Cinnamon, the newly Irish dog. I had a great time at the Hough St. Paddy's Day Parade down on Main Street in Uptown Vancouver (my home town).
Here I am with the nice Irish couple

We got to the parade early and were happy to see that Mon Ami Cafe had put out chairs by the sidewalk. How nice! But then the wind came up and it rained a bit so we hid out by the barber shop. I met a really nice couple with Irish accents (I know that because I once met an Irish Wolfhound).

Turns out they were originally from Dublin and had lived in Vancouver much longer than I. They were nice to me and so I felt welcomed right away to the St. Patrick's Day Parade.
Here I am watching the parade. Notice my green bow.

We waited and the rain stopped. All of a sudden we heard pipers. It was the Vancouver Police bagpipe band. I enjoyed that. There were lots of kids.... many, many kids but I kept my eyes peeled for the dogs. And I did see them! (Vancouver is a dog-friendly city).
Here's the older dog I met. He looked bored.

I met this older dog who reminded me of my elderly cousins. He was with his owner and a little boy. He watched the whole parade just like I did.

It seemed like Basset Hounds were the focus of the parade. Are they Irish? Anyway, there was a Basset who got to walk the whole parade route.
I was jealous of this Basset Hound who got to walk the whole route.
After that I saw a wagon with a surfboard and yep.... you guessed it... a Basset Hound. I didn't quite get the connection between surfing, the Basset and St. Patrick's Day but it was all in fun.
Here's the surfer dogs. I still don't get it.

I was starting to get bored but at the end of the parade there was a fun group ROCKING OUT! And they had a little dog with them. But the best part was that my friend Nancy and fan, Anne McEnery-Ogle, were dancing their hearts out. I thought that would be a fun group to join. 
Here's the dancing dog with dancing Anne!

I really liked the parade. I really liked wearing my green ribbons and being part of the celebration. Erin go bragh, y'all. Cinnamon is Irish for a day!

Here are all the photos.

Now it's time for a nap. 

Note: Photos are copyright Elizabeth R. Rose.  If you are in one of the photos help yourself, though!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon