Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Probationary Period on My Job: Proof Positive

You all know about my new job, that of Official Squirrel Guard. You also (scroll back) probably saw the job requirements which included being on duty "dawn to dusk."

Well, I am doing a really good job. I scared squirrels no less than four times today. I was fierce. I aroooo' ed and rushed those pesky little buggers! And, they scampered away.

Here is the male squirrel who likes to taunt me!

The problem between my boss and me seems to be that I don't like to get up early in the morning. It is close to the Winter Solstice so dawn is about 7:30 a.m. I much prefer sleeping in until 9 a.m. or 10 a.m. Sure, I miss a couple of squirrel attacks on the bird feeder but... look.... I more than make up for it!

I've been told that I am in my probationary period and that I can be fired "at will" from my job. But I would propose that I am MORE THAN DOING MY JOB! Let me provide you with some evidence.

Here I am "aroooing" and scaring not only the squirrels but the neighbors.
See how I go over and above my job description?


Now the complaint of my owner is that I get up too late and she has to scare the squirrels for the first several hours in the morning. Fact be known, she is usually in the kitchen getting juice and cereal and so is in a perfect place to scare the squirrels anyway. I don't need to be bothered THAT EARLY!

So to make up for it, and go above and beyond, I stand guard at night. I look out the sliding glass window just in case a squirrel wakes up, leaves their cozy nest and heads toward my yard for a bird food snack. I work really hard by staying up late!
Proof positive that I work well past sunset!
So here's proof that I work hard and do my job well. I just adjust the hours a little! How about Flex Time for Coonies?

You can tell I am making my case just in case I am fired for not doing the job exactly as "others" think I should do it!

I guess it's time for bed. I need my 15 hour beauty sleep.

Love, Cinnamon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon