Monday, December 23, 2013

Wet Dog Day at Multnomah Falls

What does a girl do when she's laid off? Well I can sleep my day away or... go sightseeing! It had been a rainy morning here but it was starting to clear. So I decided to head over to see Multnomah Falls on the Oregon side of the Columbia River. It's not far, really.

I wanted to see if it was still icy there. I wanted to feel the spray on my coonie face. And, I thought a hike might do me good. We started into the Gorge as it got a bit misty. Then it rained. I then knew I had made a mistake. I was going sightseeing in the rain and didn't even pack my raincoat!

We parked and got out to go visit the falls. I saw that the creek was really rushing along and the banks were sandbagged. Wow! This might be more adventure than I wanted.
It was really misty at the falls. I wondered why no one had hiked up to the bridge!
As we approached the falls, it got wetter and wetter. We went up to the view point and I found myself taking a cold shower. Brrrrr.
I thought I was going for a nice dry hike. But noooo!
See how wet I am? I was starting to get ticked off at this point. 
I got wetter and wetter and finally I demanded to GO HOME! Enough of this adventure. There were NO dog treats. There were NO FRIENDLY people to pet me. Everyone was rushing away from the falls because they were getting so wet.

So we went back to the car. No stopping for fudge and no stopping to buy a postcard. We were headed in the right direction, I thought.
When we got back to the car, I wrapped up in my beach towel to get warm.
We took off and headed down I-84 and pulled off at Exit 17. What? No more adventures I hoped. I was looking forward to my nice WARM HOUSE! But we needed gas and then... we headed toward a fast food restaurant for a sandwich. Things were looking up!
Here I am looking all perky and interested as we went through the drive-through.
Chicken sandwich, Fries and a Chocolate Shake, please!

I guess the order taker didn't hear me place my order because when we got to the window THERE WAS NOTHING FOR ME! I had to settle for a few small bites of her sandwich. But that was better than nothing and... I was beginning to feel dry once again.

So that was my afternoon. How was yours?

Love, Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon