Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Help Pets in My Home Town: Events for Animal Lovers in the Vancouver WA area



There are some great things going on in Vancouver and Clark County this Christmas season. If you and your owner think that a local pet adoption program (and wine tasting, too) is a good idea, consider heading to the Hilton Vancouver for the Holiday Craft Winefest. 


It takes place on Saturday, November 23rd from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. You can meet people (not dogs) from the wineries and vineyards in our area and enjoy some local arts. Volunteers from the Second Chance Companions, a local pet charity, will be staffing the To Go bottle sales booth. And, for doing that SCC will receive a percentage of the sales. So be sure and tell your people to stock up on wine and help this humane, no-kill organization staffed entirely by volunteers.


And then, if you know someone who isn't lucky enough to have a pet and have seriously thought about making an addition to their family, suggest they go out to the Clark County Holiday Gift Fair at the Fairgrounds. SCC and other animal welfare organizations will be holding a "Home for the Holidays" event where you can check out homeless animals who NEED GOOD HOMES.
Should I get a kitty?
I'm not going to either of these events because I AM NOT INVITED but I want to support them by getting the word out. Help some homeless animals this season. I may not have my bed, BUT I DO HAVE A HOME!

Love, Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon