Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Midnight Awakening: What's a hound to do?
So I've started waking up at night and thinking about what to do. The house is quiet. There is no one to talk to so I think...
- Shall I check out the noisy cats who are out on the street at night?
- Shall I check one more time and see if the squirrel is in my backyard?
- Shall I count my toys? Red toy, Green toy, Blue Ball, Chaser toy, Brown toy (I only have 5!)
- Shall I try for a midnight snack?
- Shall I check the Urban Coonhounds Facebook site?
- Shall I check my e-mail?
- Shall I have an urgent need to go to the outhouse?
How about all of the above! So what I do is I get up, yawn and stretch and then shake from tail to nose and really make my ears flap. That wakes up my owner. Then I run downstairs like a thundering herd of horses to make sure my owner gets up. Then she goes downstairs and opens the back door for me. Piece of cake!
I went outside last night and it wasn't raining. It was actually nice and mild out... no wind, dark skies. Everything smelled so fresh and damp. I nosed around the yard for awhile checking for the scent of squirrels or cats. Nope, they hadn't been there. So I went back inside and ran back up to bed.
Another Midnight awakening accomplished!
Love, Cinnamon the sleepy hound