Thursday, November 21, 2013

Updates from Cinnamon: My welfare and that of Beau the Coonhound

Hi it's me, Cinnamon. I'm at the Doggie Country Club. This isn't jail. They have free WiFi... although I forgot to pack my computer. I'd better make it short.

For those who sympathized with me about how cold I might be at night... NOT TO WORRY! Anne Ogle, I won't have to break out and head over to your house to warm my beautiful coat by your fireplace. In fact, they have a plan for cold nights like this. They divide the dogs into short haired dogs and long-haired dogs.

I am a short haired dog and I can get cold. While my Huskie buddy hates warm rooms. So my room is in the "Short Haired Dog Wing." They keep the heat turned up here. And, they DO check on us. I have my private room and my private run but don't have to worry about getting cold. The staff is really good here!

So on to more important things. Remember Beau, the Coonie who got attacked by a mountain lion? Well, his skin healed so well that they took him into surgery this week and he was in for over 3 hours. It seems like his leg was just, well... ripped. So the surgeons fixed the tears and the muscles and did their best to give him the best leg he could have.

Here's Beau after surgery. We ALL hate the "Cone of Shame!"
He will have some healing time and then will have to go into rehab. I hope. I pray that Beau can use his leg. Meanwhile the surgeons wrapped up his leg really tight and it has to stay that way for a couple of weeks while he heals.

But the funniest part (if there is one) is that he has to wear the "cone of shame" during the healing time. Beau can't be trusted not to take healing into his own hands.

If you want to help with Beau's medical expenses, feel free to send a donation to Colorado Coonhound Rescue. I did!

Well, it's lights out.

Love, Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon