Sunday, July 5, 2015

Fireworks Blog: July 5, 2015

All I can say about last night is that it was SO BAD that I tried to melt myself into the quilts in my bunker. I wouldn't come out to go potty or to have a sip of water. I just stayed there until it was over.... somewhere around 2 a.m. It was SO BAD I don't want to talk any more about it.

Here I am praying in my bunker.
So what I really want to talk about is what the morning was like. It was so smokey last night my eyes hurt. But this morning it was beautiful and clear.... and quiet!

I could hear the squirrels scampering on the fence and I got up and chased them away! I felt so good I wanted to play ball at 7 a.m. I felt so good I didn't need my bunker anymore. I just hope it doesn't start again tonight. That's illegal but people around here don't seem to care.

I play keep away with two balls. The object of the game is to keep them both.
It was still wet out this morning. We hosed down the yards and the eaves of the house.
The fireworks were that bad.

I romped and rolled and reveled in the sheer joy of the cool, QUIET, morning.
The best thing about the 5th of July is that it's not the 4th of July!

Love, Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon