Saturday, July 11, 2015

Announcing: My Summer Intern (If She Lasts)

Cinnamon, the Famous Blogger
I haven't been writing too much lately because I have taken on a very time-consuming project. You see, I have taken on an intern. Interns are supposed to be young, energetic, motivated, up and coming professionals who are eager to learn from you.

Since I am such a well-known blogger I get letters and emails all the time from students who want to be my intern.

So, when my owner had cataract surgery I had time on my paws. I did some thinking. It was getting really boring around here and I thought my writing career needed a boost. So I started looking for an intern to mentor. I looked at Southwest Washington Humane Society. I looked at the Oregon Humane Society and I just couldn't find the right dog for the job. You see, it had to be a hound since my blog is all about Coonhounds and their stories.

So for the past few weeks I eyed a picture of a dog down at the Yamhill County Humane Society. She was a hound and they said she was young and smart. But no one adopted her. NOBODY IN YAMHILL COUNTY WANTED A COONHOUND for a pet or an intern.

After the fireworks were over I decided that it was time to get serious about an intern. We called down to Yamhill County and found out the dog was still there.... languishing in her jail cell. (I won't say more about that as I am sure she would want to tell her story on her own).
Here's the staff at Yamhill County Dog Control
They look friendly enough... but watch out because
if owners aren't responsible for their dogs, they'll hunt them down!
One beautiful day we headed for wine country. We didn't stop to taste wine and drove right through Dundee, Newberg and all the quaint towns. Our destination was the Yamhill County Dog Control office at the back of the Yamhill County Fairgrounds. It wasn't a very pretty place but I wanted an intern who would appreciate the education I could offer... and nice room and board, too.
Here I am interviewing the intern candidate
and having a drink of water

We arrived and went into the office. The officers there almost cheered when they found out I was there to visit "Frances" the coonhound that nobody wanted.

They were so nice to me! We went walking with Frances and I interviewed her. She seemed smart enough. After spending time in "the pen" with her I told my owner we should take her home. I also said she needed a more impressive name... so Francesca it was!

She promised to be good. She promised not to get in trouble again. She promised not to play with my toys or bother me when I was writing. But most of all she said she was full of coonhound tales to share with my readers. She literally jumped into the back of the car when all the paperwork was done. She was ready to go! And I had no idea what was in store for me when we got back home. We both slept all the way home.

Francesca and I have tons of tales to tell. Life won't be boring any more!

Meet Francesca, my new intern
If she calms down, I'm sure I'll be able to teach her
the fine art of blogging!
Let me introduce you to my intern, Francesca, who is about 2 years old. She is on probation here and I'll be keeping an eye on her to make sure she learns and behaves herself. If she's good, I'll even take her to the dog park!

Meanwhile, I'd like to put in a plug for the folks down at Yamhill County Dog Control. They really care about animals there and even train dogs in hopes they will be adopted. The animals they bring in get veterinary care, their shots and are spayed or neutered. They subsist on monies earned from dog license fees. They get no county money. Please consider sending them a few dollars to help dogs like my new intern. Here is their website.

Love, Cinnamon

2 comments:

  1. Well, Cinnamon, that is quite a story!! I'm sure you will train Francesca well so she can stay with you forever. She looks like a lovely hound! It's nice that you will have a playmate and someone to keep you company when your owner goes out. I wish you luck on your new project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon