Thursday, July 16, 2015

Enduring a Second Dog: The Francesca Saga

I haven't written much lately because I've been so busy with my new Intern, Francesca. She's been here a week now and IS NOT PULLING HER WEIGHT. She doesn't write anything and she doesn't show up to instruction sessions on blogging.

Here's Francesca leaping around after imaginary squirrels
She plays all day and thinks that's all she needs to do to earn her keep. Oh yes, she chases squirrels (even when they aren't there). She spends plenty of time looking at the trees HOPING she will see one and then barking if the leaves move. Let me tell you, this has been an exasperating week! Here's what a typical day is like FOR ME!

6 a.m. Francesca wakes up and annoys me. I usually sleep in until 9 a.m. Well, not anymore! She thinks it's her job to wake me up and then wake up our owner. So sleepily, I go outside at 6 a.m. I sniff around and she hopes to find squirrels.

6:15 a.m. First breakfast: Francesca insists on an early breakfast stating she needs sustenance for her busy day. BUSY DAY, MY EYE... all she'll do is play! After a small breakfast she is SO ANNOYING we have to take her to the dog park, which opens at 7 a.m. (I have to admit, I like that part. I'm up for the dog park at any time... unless it's a hot day).

7 a.m. to 8 a.m: DOG PARK. While I trot around and sniff things and greet dogs and their owners gently, Francesca is running around like crazy making a fool out of herself. She tries to play with all the dogs, even the teeny ones. She also steals balls from dogs and hops around teasing them. I, of course, watch this from a distance, not wanting to be associated with her.

Fortunately, now, Francesca has a new friend who will romp and play with her. Her new friend is about as silly as she is! They work hard at getting dusty.

8:30 a.m. Second Breakfast and nap time. Sometimes Francesca sleeps under my owners computer desk. She thinks she is learning about blogging this way. HOW CAN YOU LEARN IN YOUR SLEEP?
Here's the other thing Francesca does... sleep!
After that its play, nap, play nap. Notice there is no learning or writing going on? This continues until dinner time. After dinner we have a great time playing together outside. I've finished MY WORK and am in the mood to play tug of war and toys.
Here we are playing after dinner. It's times like these that I have to say
I'm liking having Francesca here (but only those times!)
I think I may have made a mistake to hire a young intern. So far she knows nothing about work ethic. ALL SHE KNOWS ABOUT IS PLAY ETHIC!

Enough of this. She's asleep so I think I'll take a nap too!

Love, Cinnamon

2 comments:

  1. I dunno, all dat playin sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinnamon, I know you are the Queen of your castle, but you must keep in mind that YOU were once in the same paws as Francesca! She looks like a sweetheart, and I hope you will give her a chance to adjust! You have a wonderful owner, and a great home to live in! Would you really want her to go back to the doggie orphanage?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon