Thursday, August 19, 2021

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night

Well, I promised you some excitement and last evening we had excitement big time! The phone went off with a flood alert, the skies darkened, and we heard some thunder rumbling in the distance. It was time for "weather dog" to spring into action and find a safe place in El Shacko. But where to go?

Francesca jumped up on the couch and I watched the skies.

Francesca, the big baby that she is, decided that any place our owner was, would be safe. So she jumped up on the ottoman and went to sleep. Me? I continued to watch the skies and look for a safe place.

I was on the ottoman first as it gave me a good viewpoint of the sky,

Francesca started snoring.

Soon the thunder and lightning were right here! It was loud. First I laid down next to the bed between it and the wall. But that wasn't a secure feeling for me.

Then I asked to head outside to get inside the car. But that wasn't in the cards as we weren't parked next to El Shacko. My owner said no, because it had already started raining.


As the heavens opened up and it poured, I decided the back of the closet under the baby stuff stored there might be the safest place. While Francesca slept peacefully, I kept my eyes open in case we had to evacuate. 

I guess this was the safest place.

Within about an hour, the rain stopped and we went outside for some short walks. All was well and we had survived!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon