Sunday, May 25, 2014

I earned the right to be lazy!

Woo Hoo!
Today was one of those cloudy Pacific Northwest days when you just want to sleep in. But that wasn't what my owner had in mind. She suffers from occasional insomnia and was up and about this morning very early. She was finished working and by 8 a.m. was ready to take me to the dog park.

8AM! I was sleeping. I usually don't get up until 9 a.m. But she had other ideas. Reluctantly I got out of bed, stretched and went outside. I skipped my breakfast.

Once we got to the dog park I had perked up. I was getting excited. I hadn't been to MY dog park for a week. I was sure there were new dogs and new people to greet and plenty of great smells to sniff.

I started off with a sniff and a RUN! It sure felt good. (Between you and me, running through the grass felt better than sleeping.) I got those good ol' endorphins working. I was feeling good and I ran some more.

I was just a running fool! I ran up to people, I ran to greet dogs and I sprinted across the mounds in the middle of the park.

When it came time to leave, I really didn't want to go even if I was getting tired and out of breath. But I did.

I came home and ate a late breakfast.

And now, I feel as though I really earned the right to take a good nap or two!

Love, Cinnamon the runner

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon