Thursday, September 5, 2013

What does a coonhound do on vacation?

Here I am "sunbeaming" reflected in a mirror
Here I am in Canada on vacation. I am relaxing and completely forgetting the trauma of my scarred nose.

So what do Coonhounds do on vacation? Well, I do things like search for dead fish on the beach, sniff tide pools, bay at horses, take long walks, and long sleeps.

One of my favorite things to do at the B&B here is to find sunbeams. Once I find a good sunbeam, I lay in it. Sunbeams are kind of like going to a spa. They are warm and rejuvenating. I LOVE SUNBEAMS.

On the downside, I have to put up with a lot of island dogs who think they own the place (well, they really do).

Tonight I got some salami and cheese from my owner and her friend. What a treat that was. Of course I didn't get ANY chanterelle mushrooms or pork chops. That is what they cooked for dinner. I like the mushrooms if they are cooked in butter. And of course I would love a nice lean pork chop. But no luck at the table... even if I was very, very good.
Here's the dinner the people made for THEMSELVES.

I've rolled in the grass, sniffed the seaweed and dodged the incoming tide. There is much to do here in Sandspit, BC. I am truly enjoying my vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon