Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The truth about the bed...

Here I am sitting on my bed.
Well, in my last post I alluded to something about my bed..... you know, my memory foam mattress dog bed (or was it a sleep number bed... I can't recall). Anyway, I've had a very special bed since I was adopted in New Mexico.

The bed is the only reason I no longer get on the couch to sleep. That bed saved me from thousands of "No, Get Down," scoldings. It was my favorite bed, ever. My owner changed the towel on the bed every couple of days. She had a special stack of faded towels just for my bedding.

My bed became my best friend. I would sit on it to look out the window. I would curl up and sleep on it on cold winter nights. I would stretch out and lay on it on hot nights. I loved my bed.

My bed came with me on the long trip north to Washington and with me the first time I visited Haida Gwaii. I  felt at home when I had my bed with me in a motel room.

So what's this all about? WELL.... SHE FORGOT MY BED AT THE BEACH HOUSE IN HAIDA GWAII. LEFT IT THERE. SO NOW IT IS JUST ME AND NO BED!
Here I am all stretched out sleeping on MY BED.

Once she was on the ferry she realized she had forgotten my bed. I had to sleep on old quilts in motel rooms. And, they just don't have the cushy feel of MY BED. So now I am sleeping on a quilt... nothing but a quilt! In fact, I now go into my crate when I want a sense of something familiar.

I WANT MY BED BACK! How would you feel if someone forgot YOUR BED? Bad nights ahead... I just know it!

Signed, Cinnamon the bedless hound
Photography copyright: Elizabeth Rose Photography

2 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! Poor Cinnamon! Maybe you can ask Santa Dog to bring you a new bed!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon