Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hunting on the Beach in Lincoln City Oregon


Me and my shadow at the BEACH!
Hi. It's me, Cinnamon, writing from THE BEACH!

Yep, we finally got to the sunny beach after driving through fog and drizzle in the Coast Range and down the beautiful Oregon Coast for what seemed to be forever.

Once we got to THE BEACH (Siletz Bay) I hopped out of the car and decided to go hunting. I remembered fondly how I went tide pooling in Haida Gwaii, crunched on crab shells and tasted dried fish. So what was I to hunt here?
Here's one of the seagulls that I scared!

We walked along the beach, hopped over driftwood and skirted the incoming waves. The tide was turning in Siletz Bay and I found my first thing to SCARE! I went after seagulls. They were wading in the incoming tide looking for stuff to eat and didn't notice me until I was pretty close to them. That was fun.

Then I looked out in the water and saw some bobbing heads. Was it dogs swimming? No, it was sea lions. Sea Lions cavorting in the tides and looking for some fish to munch on. They were pretty far out so I didn't go after them.
Here's the sea lions bobbing around in the bay.

So I went back to the car and we unpacked and took everything into our room at the Looking Glass Inn. They even gave me a cool round bed to sleep on.. and TREATS.

So once I got to the room I did some research on Lincoln City. I found out that we were smack dab in the middle of Glass Float Hunting Season. Now that was something I could hunt. There were shiny orbs on all the beaches just waiting there for ME TO FIND THEM! Float season in Lincoln City takes place through May 26th. I can't wait to go hunting! And like they say, it's FINDERS KEEPERS!
This is our really nice room at the Looking Glass Inn with the really nice round dog bed.

I'll let you know if I find one. But for now, I'm going to rest up on my nice round, cushy beach bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon