Sunday, January 26, 2014

Are Your Dog Treats Safe?

Here I am getting healthy treats at the Country Cousins' house.
I am a great fan of DOG TREATS and just assume that if my owner gives me a treat it is safe. Sometimes a man at the dog park hands out treats but they are the hard biscuit type treats and I assume they are safe. But I don't know for sure.

I just gobble up any treat they make!

But wait! I was on the Internet this morning and read this article on the foundanimals.org website. It was titled Dog Treats: Made in the U.S.A. It got my attention because I remember the scare awhile back that involved jerky dog treats made in China. So this got my interest.

The author, Kimi, did a rather good review of the pros and cons of dog treats and reviewed some healthy snacks she recommends. She enlisted the help of her 12 year old Westie (that's pretty old) named Yuki. Yuki reviewed some treats that are all made in the U.S.A. with natural ingredients and, she admits, are available for purchase on the website, adoptandshop.org

Here's a pile of MY TREATS!
There were some treats there I had heard of and some I haven't heard of. But I was relieved to find that my Zukes treats were on the list. I also like Sojos treats which are pretty healthy. Sojos products are made from scratch with REAL ingredients. No fillers, no preservatives, and no artificial colors or flavors. I lean toward the grain-free treats.

Here's Yuki and Kimi's full article.

So my point is... we dogs trust our owners to look after us and feed us only GOOD TREATS. So please tell your owner to read the article and keep up on the research. We deserve the healthiest, the best and the safest food and treats.

Healthily yours,
Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon