Saturday, April 20, 2013

Wanna go for a walk?



Here's the book cover.
A book about walking with Cocker Spaniels came across my desk today. Of course I sniffed it and ended up reading about  Becky Corwin's dogs who love going on something called a "volkswalk."

I knew a little about volkswalks because my owner has IVV books where she records sanctioned walks. So far, SHE hasn't taken me on a volkswalk and I don't have my own record books. So all I can do is read about dogs who get to go on the walks.

Each of their cocker spaniels has their own Canine Event Books for volkswalking. Several of their cockers, the books says, have at least six books filled with event stamps, totaling more than 200 walks. Now that sounds pretty exhausting to me... but I read on.

Becky wrote about walks in Florida, Nevada and beyond. It looked like she had a lot of fun even if the spaniels got into some trouble along the way (which she describes in great detail). It sounds like a book my owner would write!

"Tails Along the Trails: Walking Adventures with Dogs," by Becky Corwin-Adams is a fun read for people who walk with their dogs, do volkswalks, or, like me, just dream about them!

2 comments:

  1. I hope your owner lets you accompany her on a volkswalk this summer! It's so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinnamon Says: "I don't know. I get hot in the summer. I have a black coat and it absorbs sun!"

      Delete

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon