Friday, July 3, 2015

Fireworks Blog: July 3rd, 2015

Well, just remember that fireworks are illegal here except on the 4th of July and last night WAS NOT THE FOURTH OF JULY!

So here's how things went down. It was a hot and quiet afternoon. I didn't do much except laze around wishing it would cool off. After dinner, I waited for the sun to go down. It was quiet. I thought that everyone was going to obey the law.

So I got my harness on and we headed out the door. The evening was cool and quiet... UNTIL... Bang, Pop! Yikes!

I turned right around and headed for the door. Once I got inside, my owner took my harness off and I high-tailed it for, you guessed it, my bunker. This time I was scared. I went in to my inner bunker, the one made just for the 4th of July. I got in, felt better and laid down hoping the fireworks would go away... FAR AWAY. But they didn't.
Here I am in my bunker. I am giving "stink eye" to those who broke the law last night
and ruined my evening.
So, like the City of Vancouver is asking us to do... we called 911 and said we were just calling to report illegal fireworks. The nice dispatcher lady took down the information about where the fireworks were. I told her I was Executive Director of Dogs Against Fireworks. She then said she'd be relaying the information to the Fire Marshall. (A dog in my position gets action... right away!). We thanked the dispatcher and I went back to settling into the bunker.

I slept there all night and felt pretty good about my safe place.

Love, Cinnamon
(Wishing she was in Canada)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon