Sunday, June 1, 2014

Cinnamon goes to the Fiesta and pays the price!



If this is what it's like being a party animal, I'm not sure I am cut out for it!
Here I am in the back of the car. I could hardly hold my head up.
Yesterday I got woken up at the early hour of 8 a.m. so we could drive three hours north to the home of my Country Cousins. You know, the old ones who live in the woods and sleep a lot. Our reason for this trip was not more dog-sitting, but to attend the couple's shower for Samson's owners who are getting married very, soon. I figured Samson wouldn't be there but secretly I was hoping that my romping-mate would show up at the party.

So as you can see I slept most of the way. I just couldn't keep my eyes open. We drove past the outlet malls, past the State Capitol and then across the big green bridge. Soon we were there!
Everyone was welcome including dogs!
I perked up when I got to the door. SAMSON WAS THERE! And so were Remi and Indy. The whole gang was there except for Kate and Derek's hunting dogs, whom I've never met (I'd love to tell them the story of my recent rabbit hunt!).
Here's my buddy Samson. We like to get in trouble together
I went in and had fun greeting everyone. I played in the pasture and sniffed around. It sure looked like a fiesta there with papel picado banners and tissue flowers. 

Oh oh, I should have ignored the tissue flowers. Soon Kate was affixing two of them to my collar. I DIDN'T LIKE THAT ONE BIT! If I was going to dress up, I wanted to select my own neckwear, thank you.

OMG. What is this on my collar?
Soon the food started coming out, but nothing for the dogs. More family arrived and I was getting really excited! I was hoping that there would be a huge cat pinata for us to break... with tons of dog treats cascading down on the grass. (I have an active fantasy life).
Here's what was going on when we were locked in the garage.
But oh nooooo! This was yet another people party. Despite my fancy flowers, I was shuttled off to the garage like the other dogs. Didn't they know I ALWAYS WANT TO BE THE LIFE OF THE PARTY?

I howled, I bayed and I barked. Samson helped me because he was really ticked. It was his family that was the center of attention and HE WASN'T INVITED!

We quieted down. Soon some nice people (there are always a few dog lovers in the crowd), suggested that we could be let out to have a little fun. AND WE WERE!  We headed for the pasture and ran, played ball and communed with the people. But we still were behind the fence. We weren't allowed in for margaritas, guacamole, enchiladas or pasteles. It was clear it wasn't our party.

We ran free in the pasture. I did a little hunting.
Here I am making a sad face behind the pasture gate.
We made sad faces and finally we got to visit with the people. I politely went to each person and got admired and petted. I didn't jump on anyone. I didn't steal any chips. I was the epitome of cultured behavior.


Here I am getting lots of attention.
Here I am getting more attention!
I even jumped in and played a throwing game with the guests. I am not sure how the game is scored but I should have racked up a few points for grabbing the balls!

I played this game. I think I won, because I wouldn't let the people have the balls back.
I ended the night by running and playing with Samson. I was having fun and finally, it was MY party!

I don't know why the dogs have to be shut away during the beginning of the party. I just don't understand it.

It was past my bedtime when I turned in. Remi and Indy had already gone to sleep. I was tired. I could hardly keep my eyes open while the people talked about all the good times they had and nice gifts that were received.

So I slept hard. But on no..... soon it was 5 a.m. The birds were chirping and it was starting to get light. I was told we were leaving to go home. My owner likes driving at the crack of dawn before anyone else is on the road. I did as I was told and got into the car. Of course I slept most of the way home. I didn't get to say good-bye to Samson. I felt badly about that.
As we left, we noticed the mailbox was still decorated.
Soon we were home. Home, sweet home! I had breakfast and immediately went up to my cushy, cozy bed. I love my bed! And, I slept most of the day.

Don't bother me. I'm recovering from the Fiesta!
I feel more rested now and just wanted to say thank you to everyone for letting us dogs out to party a little with you. Viva Cristina y Jace! Felicidades!

And now, I'm going to take another little nap. 
Cristina and Jace enjoying the gifts.

Love, Cinnamon the party animal

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you get to visit friends, Cinnamon. My Maya doesn't play well with others so we can't take her places with us :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet ya woulda had more fun wif just a lil bit of margarita. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon