Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Dog Friendly Vancouver USA: Esther Short Park

Here I am on the bench waiting for the little girl to give ME something!
The other day I took one of those LONG walks called a volksmarch. We followed a map from the Red Lion at the Quay and ended up resting a bit in Esther Short Park. This is a great park with shady lawns and water sculptures.

I got my picture taken with a man and a little girl. Only thing is, they didn't move or talk to me. Later, I found out that it is a bronze statue and is a piece of art. The bronze statue, "A Gift for You" by Jim Demetro, Battle Ground, Washington, is located on the east side of the Esther Short Park. I would have had more fun if they had petted me and complimented me like real people do!
Here I am with the man. He is reading The Columbian

Here's the Salmon Run Clock.
On the other side of Propstra Square is the huge Salmon Run Clock and Glockenspiel. The bells and glockenspiel play every day at noon, 2 p.m., 4 p.m., 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. We were there around 11 a.m. so I didn't get to hear the bells. We saw a lot of Vancouver on our walk and I'll be writing more about it.

Since it's so sunny out lately, I wanted to tell you about Esther Short Park so you can go there with your dogs. Just keep them on a leash and, you know, clean up after them.

Here's a webcam showing the park. Maybe someone saw ME in the picture this week!

Location:
W. 8th & Columbia
Vancouver, WA

Love, Cinnamon

2 comments:

  1. Cinnamon, You should tell your owner to bring you to Little Rock for a volksmarch as we also have lots of neat bronze statues!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon