Saturday, May 11, 2013

Excuses, excuses, excuses: Cinnamon tells about the big oak tree and her eye issues

Here's the huge oak tree where the birds live
I haven't been blogging much lately because my eye is watery and itchy. It might be allergies or something else. I'll find out today when I go to the vet. So that is my excuse for not blogging.

I've actually been having a great time at home. I went to the dog park and ran into tons of dogs. The sunny weather brings them out. The two little dogs who always wear matching shirts were there and I've run into a couple of young hounds to play with. I always run up to the hounds to say hello and to compare blood lines. You never know when you might run into a relative!

But some of the most exciting things happen right in my back yard. The huge oak tree leafed out. Up in that tree (and I do look up) live two blue jays. I call them Sammy and Samantha. They are huge and very bossy. They don't like it when I come out and look at them. Sometimes they hop around on the fence and watch for me.

Up there high in the branches you'll find Blacky the Crow. Blacky is also a rather noisy bird. Then in the lower branches you'll find smaller birds like Chickadees. We have a hummingbird feeder and there is a really bratty hummer named Rufus that feeds there. He whirrs his wings really loudly and has bright reddish copper on his head. He thinks he owns the place. There is a smaller hummingbird that is a dowdy green color. This bird is afraid of Rufus.

If you like birds as much as I do, you might like the Thorton W. Burgess books. My owner read them all when she was a little girl. And when my eye isn't bothering me (sympathy needed) I read them too!

Here I am feeling bad about my watery eye. It is actually worse than this.
So between the dog park and the back yard, I've been enjoying some sunny days. But my eye keeps watering, and has whitish discharge too. I have to go to the vet today and see what's wrong. But don't expect me to let my owner use any eye drops!

The eye problem keeps me from working at the computer. Please feel sorry for me! Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon