Thursday, September 18, 2014

House Hunting Cinnamon Style

Houses with Squirrels
Good!
Well, I made my owner promise we wouldn't move last year and we didn't. I had a hard time moving from my birthplace in Santa Fe, NM to Vancouver, WA. I had to adjust to rain and had to realize not too many people spoke Spanish. I did adjust to my new home... after awhile.

So now we are house-hunting BUT WE WON'T LEAVE VANCOUVER! I've been participating in the ride-byes and sometimes we do a neighborhood walk. So I am getting the hang of house hunting and have very definite opinions on the homes we look at. Here's an example:

House Number 1 (if you watch HGTV, you'll know where I'm going with this)

I call this the garden house
This house has a small fenced garden area and a huge vegetable garden on the side and a nice lawn in the front. It has plenty of room for MY BED in the family room. It does not have a garage, because that is where the family room is. So we'd have to get out of the car in the rain and snow. I'm not sure I like that.

But here's the big PLUS on this one. House #1 is just around the corner from a big park with BIG trees. And you know what lives in trees, don't you? SQUIRRELS! I walked this neighborhood and chased a bunch of squirrels up trees and even saw a rabbit. So far, I like House #1!

House Number 2
Now I haven't seen this house yet but it looks like it has a really big yard. I like that.
Big yard but a big hilly driveway
I hear the yard has trees in it so that is promising. There might be some squirrels there. It also looks big enough that I might get my own room!

House Number 3
I haven't seen this one yet either but it is even closer to the park than House Number 1! Yay! It looks like it has a shady back yard and enough room that I might get my own room.
This is the shady house close to Squirrel Park!
I don't know about these houses. I haven't been allowed to tour them yet. I do like the idea of being close to a park and I do like the idea of TREES IN MY YARD!

Now for my downtown friends, let me tell you ... WE ARE looking there but the houses seem to be either weird (too weird) or close to the freeway. So no luck there yet!

So, I'll keep y'all updated on what happens. Will we move? Or will we stay put? I just don't know. But I do know that I am getting less dog park time due to all this looking at houses.

Love, Cinnamon

2 comments:

  1. Looks like dey all got good skwerril chasin opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. House number 3 looks promising! I think you’ll love being close to the park, and possibly get your own room. Too bad you’re not allowed to take a look inside, but I trust Elizabeth will choose the one she believe would be the best for both of you. Good luck with the move!

    Denise Bolds @ Vancouver Canada Homes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon