Saturday, December 27, 2014

Saved! Another Dog Rescued from a Fall in the Columbia River Gorge

It really scares me to read the stories of dogs who fall in the Columbia River Gorge. The trails are steep, the gorge has deep drop-offs and it can be wet and slippery this time of year.

So I winced and blinked my coonie eyes when I saw the news. A dog broke his leash and ended up falling in the Gorge. Luckily the good folks from the Oregon Humane Society rappelled  down to him and SAVED HIM. Read the whole scary story here.

So, of course, you will want to re-read my hiking safety article, right? I guess I should add to the list of things.... "wear a strong leash and harness."

Don't do this!
Meanwhile, I'm packing to go visit my Country Cousins. I hope to have a great time visiting and will tell you all about it.

Love, Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon