Thursday, February 13, 2014

Brush Prairie Dog Park: Meeting a "Party Poodle"



It was party time at the Brush Prairie Dog Park. She was only 6 months old and really wanted to play. She didn't have a lot of smarts because she would go up to aggressive dogs and bounce around. And, she had unusual coloring. She was spotted! Imagine a spotted poodle. She was cute, but annoying. I just wanted to sniff around.

This is an older version of the "Party Poodle" I met.
But I kept thinking about this "Party Girl." What were Party Poodles, anyway? Well, this one acted like a Party Girl but, as I learned,  the term was actually Parti. The Canine Horizons website explained: 

Historically the parti color was common in Poodles. It wasn't until around the turn of the Twentith Century that for some unknown reason Poodle clubs disqualified the parti color.  However, multi-colored Poodles are currently experiencing a strong comeback in the U.S. and can be shown in conformation classes in the United Kennel Club.  Partis can also be registered with the American Kennel Club and shown in all classes *except* conformation.    

Then I went to Pinterest and saw all sorts of Parti Poodles! They look like regular dogs except they have poodle fur, conformation and bounce around like poodles. They seem to be full sized. I read more and found that they breed these colors on purpose.

Anyway, the Parti Poodle I met was a cutie for sure. I didn't have my camera with me or I would have taken a photo. So I'll have to rely on the Internet to show you what I saw.

Meanwhile... Let's Party On... at the Dog Park!

Love, Cinnamon

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon