Friday, August 6, 2021

Wild Things at 2:30 am in Prescott, Arizona

Well, all heck broke loose here at El Shacko around about 2:30 am early this morning. Of course, Francesca was the first to hear the wild animals hanging out around our front door. She started going bonkers, barking, running and, of course, woke up little innocent me!

We couldn't see out into the dark but we think it was a whole herd of Javelinas! Once I woke up from my slumber I ran out into the front room and bayed my best bay to join in with Francesca's barking. What a ruckus! Our owner turned on the outside light. We still couldn't see them. For all we knew, it could have been vampires on the prowl!

Javelinas can be mean!


So after about a half-hour I was convinced they had moved on and decided to calm down and get ready to return to bed.

Portrait of a good dog!

But not Francesca! She was all jacked up on adrenaline and couldn't stop pacing, barking, whining, and wanting outside to go get the wild things. No one could calm her down. Once she agreed that the animals had moved on, she still was on an adrenaline high and was panting and pacing. I'll guess it was over an hour when she finally tried to sleep (with one eye open).

Of course, Francesca woke our owner up at the regular time for dawn patrol and breakfast! No need to sleep in after the night's events. I was sound asleep as I am a good little dog. 

Maybe it was 9 am by the time we got our regular walks and could be trusted on a leash. I enjoyed my walk. Francesca got wound up again on her walk because she saw a bunny rabbit. 

Here's Francesca, last night's Wild Child, finally calming down!


Please send sedatives!

Love, Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon