Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Fireworks are NOT allowed in Vancouver, Washington on New Year's Eve

After I worked so hard on a fireworks ban for the City of Vancouver. And after I celebrated when the Mayor and City Council voted to approve the ban beginning in 2017, I read this disturbing announcement from a nearby city:

The Battle Ground Chamber will have its annual fireworks stand open, and selling pyrotechnics now through Thursday, Dec. 31, at the corner of W Main St. and 12th Ave., across from Fred Meyer and Riverview Community Bank. This is one of the chamber’s biggest fundraisers of the year. Hours are noon to 9 p.m. on Sunday and Monday, and from noon to 11 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (New Year’s Eve).

Now Battle Ground is not all that far from where I live. I wondered if they had dogs there and people who are disturbed by personal fireworks. I wondered how they could sell fireworks knowing how terrified dogs like me are when we hear the pop, bang, roar of fireworks. Is the money worth it?

Now I'm glad I live in Vancouver. In Vancouver you can't shoot off stuff on New Years Eve. It's against the law! So don't go shopping in Battle Ground and bring that horrible stuff into MY city. Why don't you stay inside and have a great little party?

Enough said,

Cinnamon the Coonhound
Executive Director
Dogs Against Fireworks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon