Monday, July 7, 2014

Kitsap Penninsula Volkswalk for a Hunting Dog

Well, I know I said I wasn't going to do any more volksmarches until fall because the summer weather is heating up. But on the way home from the Country Cousins on the Kitsap Penninsula I decided to stop in and check out a Saturday volksmarch just outside of Gig Harbor.

This nice lady volunteered to hold me!
I read that the event was at Gig Harbor so I had visions of walking beaches, eating dead fish and chasing crabs. Well, the actual walk was held at the Key Penninsula 360 Park, not exactly on the beach. We did pass some great looking beaches on the way.

We pulled up to the Start/Finish point staffed by Lions Club volunteers all decked out in purple. They were nice and helped us out while we registered.
Here I am scouting out the trail and following the arrows

They weren't too clear on the markings for the 5K option (my choice) so I decided to play tracking dog to find the route. But that didn't last long. Those woods, at 8:15 in the morning, were just full of WILD SMELLS. I went crazy. I was having a great time.

I had to leave it up to my owner to follow the arrows. Luckily she figured out that the green arrows would take us on the shorter route because after an hour in the woods, I was starting to pant.

But sooner than I thought, we were back at the finish. Another volksmarch to put in my log (see the tab above this story and click on it... you'll be impressed!).


The woods were full of WILD THINGS!

I slept ALL THE WAY HOME!

Love, Cinnamon

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon