Sunday, August 21, 2016

Dog Friendly Kirkland, Washington - Put it on my list

We've been seeing quite a bit of the Doggie Country Club lately and not doing a lot of traveling. I kind of miss the days when I traveled to the beach, wrote dog-friendly travel reviews and enjoyed myself. But now that Francesca is with us, I guess it's double the work for our owner. Well, maybe only until Francesca gets a bit older. A dog can only hope!

Meanwhile I am putting together a wish list of where I want to travel. Recently our owner went to Kirkland, Washington. It's one of those places that has a dog water dish in front of every business... my kinda place. Here's why I want to go:

The Kirkland Heathman Hotel allows dogs.
The Heathman is located downtown within walking distance of the lake and parks. In fact, they love dogs and love to pamper them. Check out their pet-pampering package.

This bulldog was eating up the attention (and the chips)
From the Heathman you can walk to restaurants with outside patios where dogs are welcome. A great place for the humans to refresh on a warm day. The Heathman has a restaurant, Trellis, with an outdoor patio too.
Outdoor, pet-friendly patio.
Now if you want to go shopping, that will be convenient too. Within walking distance you can visit Booboo Barkery and Boutique. They had fresh baked dog biscuits, toys and even a birthday cake. 
A great birthday cake for those who actually know their birthdate.
I don't
So, once you've dined and shopped, it's time to head for the lake. Now you all know how much I like boats and fishing but this lake was a "fancy" type of lake. There are yachts, beautiful sailboats and lakefront condominiums. There are also docks to explore and parks galore.
I might like a ride on this yacht!
Kirkland has a whole page of things to do with your dog. I really think I should go there and explore. I'll watch my in-box for an email inviting me!

I love walking out on docks and enjoying the view.
But for now, I'll just dream about my next getaway!

Love, Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon