Sunday, November 9, 2014

Art Dog Does the Studio Tour

Hi Guys. It's me, Cinnamon. Since I was born in Santa Fe, NM, I am quite an art aficionado. I used to hang out on Canyon Road before I was adopted and then later on in life, I got to walk with my owner up and down the art-filled road.

So, since my owner has been so BUSY lately, I haven't gotten out much. I was getting restless. So I begged her to take me on the Clark County Open Studio Tour in Vancouver, WA. It was a good time to be out and about. It was kind of misty, so I didn't mind skipping the dog park. I just lazed in the car when we visited the studios, looked around and thought my own thoughts about decorating my new room!

So when we drove down a beautiful street full of fall colors, I paid attention. I thought I might peek in the studio windows and find some art.
The fall leaves were beautiful. You could follow the art trail by looking for these blue signs.
 Our first stop was Rebecca Seymour's studio and home. It was bright and airy and there were a couple of dogs in the studio who invited me in. I didn't even get out of the car. And for doing that, the dogs got put back in the house. Drat!
I rather liked this tree painting. Notice the dog bed in the window. Lucky dog!

I could see some of the art and thought the tree painting might be a great piece for my new room. What do you think?

So after that, my owner walked over to Anne John's studio. This was also a beautiful light-filled space with views of the trees and garden. I stayed in the car but noticed a dog looking down at us. I think the dog was sad that it was Open Studio time and she had to stay locked in an upstairs bedroom.
Poor, sad dog!
Anyway, Anne does a lot of paintings with animals in them. I liked this one because I LOVE TO SCARE CROWS. I had the crows in New Mexico so afraid of me they wouldn't fly over the adobe wall because I would chase them. Once I even barked at the crows up in the trees on my street. Crows are for chasing. Don't  you think I should get this painting for my room?

I love scaring crows. This piece reminds me of that.
So after all the art, I got to get out of the car and walk up the street. I didn't sniff around much but I sure enjoyed all the fall foliage. I am glad I got to go somewhere FINALLY!
Here I am taking a little stroll. I think the trees were art!
So that was my day on the Open Studio Art Tour. I had fun, even though I didn't get out and run or sniff much. Just being somewhere new makes me happy!

I think I'll take a nap now after all that excitement.

Love, Artsy Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon