Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Exhausting Day: Running, Shopping and Napping

This new house stuff is getting really tedious. Basically I get to visit my new home daily, run like the wind in the yard, scare squirrels and stay out of the painter's way. But aside from that, I don't get to do much.

But all that changed today. Today I played in the yard, ran like the wind, and got pretty tired but there was no place in the new house to sleep. So I forced myself to stay awake.

Then my owner asked if I wanted to go to Home Depot. Of course I said yes because I couldn't take a nap, anyway. Home Depot is where we go to buy stuff for the new house, to get treats and, of course, to get some attention.

I know exactly where to go when I get to Home Depot. I trot towards the back of the store, stopping only for compliments and pats on my head. Today I smelled really good because I had a bath. I looked really cool in my leather dress collar too! I was a four pawed people magnet! It was all fun and games until we got to Sue's desk. She's the one who helps us with blinds and carpeting and stuff like that. But she is all business.

I don't really like that I have to stand still while she works on our orders. And today, my patience was really tested. My owner decided, without conferring with me, to do a photo shoot. I was tired and didn't want to have my picture taken. So I turned my rear to the camera! That fixed her!
Here's Sue trying to get me interested in the photo shoot.

So, she finally quit trying. Just when I was getting really tired, two things happened. My Home Depot friend with the pink watch spied me. He is my favorite because he really loves dogs. He petted me and told me about his friend who had a blue tick hound.

Here's my friend who owns the pink watch.
He's very nice to me but I was starting to worry about the jets overhead making so much noise.
OK, the second thing was really scary! I know what airplanes are and what they look like. They roar and I look up to see them. I'm not afraid of them. But something really weird happened at Home Depot. I heard fighter jets. I looked up but didn't see anything. I just saw the high ceiling. Then I go scared. Was it a tornado? Was it fireworks? I couldn't see anything. It was just noisy. AND VERY SCARY.

Fortunately it was time to leave, any way. I was ready to get the heck out of there! I was tired, stressed and starting to get hungry. As much as I like the people there, I was ready to head home for a nap on my bed. In fact, I fell asleep in the car and didn't realize we were headed for the new house, not the house where my comfy bed was.

When we got there Mike, the painter, was out in front loading his car. What? Mike never leaves. He's always there! I the car while my owner said good bye to Mike. I WAS TOO TIRED TO SAY GOODBYE TOO.

Then she came to get me. We went inside. The new house looked new for the very first time. No painting gear. No tools. And no Christmas music. I looked at my owner who wanted to get some work done. I pleaded with my eyes... Please let me take a nap!
Here I am with the new designer bed. I still have my old one.

So she went in the garage and brought out a brand new round dog bed. NEW! She brought it into my new room. As soon as I saw it, I jumped on it and curled up and took a nap. My first nap in the new house!

This moving stuff is exhausting.

Love, Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon