Monday, January 19, 2015

When a Treat is not Food

Here I am at the Washougal Dog Park
Yeah, really. Sometimes treats are not food and I, Cinnamon, love ALL KINDS OF TREATS!

I have to start by telling you that I was naughty last night. My owner was away and I slinked into the living room and hopped up on the couch to sleep. I know I'm not supposed to do that. I would never do that when she is looking. But, heck, she was gone! So I didn't expect much today. I thought I'd still be in trouble.

Turns out that she read somewhere that dogs have a short memory when it comes to behavior. So she saw no reason why I should still be in trouble when I woke up this morning. SCORE! I was off the hook for my inappropriate behavior last night.

So I knew today would be a good one... full of treats, I hoped. So I was pretty excited when I got my harness and leash on and was invited to go for a ride.

We headed out Hwy 14 to Washougal. That is always a good sign. I've walked the Dike there. I've gone to my Country Club there. And... I found a new dog park there. So I soon noticed that our destination was the latter... THE DOG PARK!

I was so excited. WHAT A WONDERFUL TREAT! I got to sniff around, meet some dogs (including 5, count them, Golden Retrievers). It's not the most scenic dog park but it will do while I wait for Lucky Dog Park to be open again.
Sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy!
We did about four laps when the sun came out. ANOTHER TREAT! I couldn't wait to get home so I could sun myself in the back yard.

So far, it's been a great day!

Love, Cinnamon

2 comments:

  1. I got some sunshine today too - it felt really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely day and what beautiful sunshine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon