Sunday, January 4, 2015

Cinnamon's Fitness Plan for 2015

Did you know that January is Get Fit With Your Pet Month?

I started off the New Year right. I walked a 5K event on New Year's Eve Day. And, I took a long walk with my neighbor and it was probably 5K. So I am off to a good start.

I am hoping to walk every day, whether it's at the Dog Park or on a trail. Chasing squirrels in the back yard just isn't quite enough exercise! So adding daily walking is my plan for 2015.

So the walk I took on New Year's Eve Day was a really good one. It was hosted by the Vancouver Volkssporters Club right here in Vancouver. It started at the local McMenamin's (I wasn't allowed inside) and took me through the Pacific Community Park. That's where one of the dog parks is located. We didn't do the dog park because we were on a marked 5K trail.

Here I am on the walk route which leads to the church
At one point the trail routed us through a neighborhood and up to a huge Catholic Church. I paid my respects to St. Francis, Patron Saint of Animals and felt grateful that Pope Francis cares about us animals and suggested that we will go to heaven too!
Here I am paying my respects to St. Francis
So as you can see, volkswalks are much more than a walk in the park. You get to see things too! And even say a few prayers for a happy and healthy new year!

Love, Cinnamon


2 comments:

  1. Maybe you can come take my walks for me, BOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinnamon says she'd love to. She loves to walk and sniff around!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon