Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Cinnamon the Coonhound and the 2017 Eclipse

Hi, it's me, Cinnamon, the party animal. I had a great day on Monday the 21st of August because it was SOLAR ECLIPSE DAY! And, I got to attend the party. It all began the weekend prior. Francesca noticed that our owner was spending time doing things like putting dishes and glasses on the dining room table and washing our dog bedding (she thinks it stinks). When things like that happen, it usually means .... PARTY!

This is why our dog bedding stinks.... Francesca!
So, after a weekend of activity, Monday finally rolled around. I knew things were happening when Francesca got up a O Dark Early to go to her favorite day care, A Dog's Best Friend down the street. It turns out it wasn't a fun morning to go because they were so afraid of the impending eclipse that they kept the dogs inside. But not ME! I was free to roam and PARTY!

So after that, I got dressed for the party in my prettiest turquoise party scarf. It was given to me as a finisher at a Southwest Washington Humane Society walkathon. I always know good things will happen when I get my scarf on.
In my party scarf!

So then I laid down by the front door so nothing could happen without me. My owner saw that and opened the door so I could watch for our guests. I sat there for a half hour and then they started coming. It was so exciting! They brought food!
Watching for our guests

So they were all excited and went outside to eat brunch and watch the sky.

Yum!
They had special glasses so that they could watch the solar eclipse. I didn't look at the sun. I'm not dumb. I just milled about hoping for handouts. I got lots of attention and they petted me. I was having a great time!
I got plenty of attention!
All of a sudden there was a drop in the temperature around us. We were sitting in the sun and it felt like God had turned on the A/C! In fact the sun was shining and it was getting colder. Usually that doesn't happen unless the clouds come in.
I didn't look at the sky
So on TV they were saying that that was the highpoint of the eclipse. We were not in the area of Totality, but we could feel the eclipse and those with glasses could see the eclipse. It was pretty exciting.
Total Eclipse of the Sun!
But I was getting cold, and fortunately the eclipse started going away and it got warmer so I could go out and sunbathe some more.
Back to sunbathing!
 At about noon, they all left. I was sad about that and moped around and napped all afternoon.

Nap time!
My tummy was full of brunch treats and I had experienced the 2017 SOLAR ECLIPSE in my party scarf. (Francesca will tell her story on another day. Right now she's still recovering from the "Solar Eclipse Non-Party at the Doggie Day Care.)

Love, Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon