Thursday, August 24, 2017

Was it the Eclipse that Caused my Problem?

I was shocked! The day of the eclipse I had such a great time at the big Eclipse Brunch I spent the afternoon sleeping it off!

So the next day started like any other day. It got hot in the morning and there was no eclipse. My afternoon was a lazy one. I had my usual kibble for dinner and spent some time in the back yard. And that's when it happened...

All of a sudden I felt a sharp pain in my paw. I didn't know what it was. I licked it and nothing changed. My paw really hurt. I tucked it up under me and slowly limped over to the deck where my owner was enjoying the shade and flowers.

I collapsed on the mat right by the door. She jumped up and wanted to see what was wrong. I was afraid it would hurt so tucked my paw under me. She made me show it to her and she went over the paw and between the pads and didn't find a thing. I kept licking it. I just wanted the pain to go away.

So she let me inside and I limped over to the darkness of the front door entry way and collapsed in the corner.... trying to hide so no one would get the idea that I needed to go to the vet. And my paw still hurt.
Here I am plopped in the corner with my paw safely tucked under me.
I didn't want anyone to touch it. I hurt!
My owner checked everything and then brought over my water so I wouldn't get dehydrated. I wanted nothing to do with walking or even standing.
The offending paw.
She was worried, I could tell. She rummaged through the shelves of the pantry and found some of Francesca's medicine from when her leg hurt her (it was a sprain). So she gave me a dose of some sweet tasting anti-inflamatory/pain medicine and I pulled away even more. I was scared she'd give me something worse... like a pill!

And then she left me alone. I guess she figured I wasn't going to move so she brought my bed over. When she was out of sight, I limped over and plopped on my cushy bed. Once I plopped, I didn't move much all night. I guess I turned around a couple of times. but I didn't go anywhere.
I spent the whole night on my bed by the door.
So I woke up and wondered why my paw didn't hurt. I was afraid to move from my bed thinking it would start hurting to I stayed there. When I heard breakfast being made in the kitchen, I forgot all about my paw and stood up. I didn't hurt! I carefully made my way over to the place where I get my breakfast and I was doing fine. I had breakfast and went to lay down again. Francesca asks for breakfast really early so we often go back to bed after we eat.
I feel much better now. See my paw?
I am mostly glad I didn't have to go to the pokey, proddy vet!
Later on, I walked around slowly and felt just fine. I went outside and felt just fine. I may have rested more than usual but by evening I was totally just fine. I wonder if the eclipse caused this because I don't know what happened!

Love, Cinnamon

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon