Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Big Day for Francesca: Vet Visit, Heat Wave and the Break Out!


This is Francesca in case you see her wandering
the neighborhood.
We had, what I thought would be, a pretty uneventful day. We were lazing around because it was so hot out today. I live in the Pacific Northwest but temps are supposed to hit 100 several days this week. Ugh!

Vet Visit
So our owner decided to get us into the vet's office for a quick bordatella (kennel cough) vaccination. We were both due for it. Now Francesca is terrified of the vet's office because she has had: pneumonia treatment, surgery for an injury and examination of her painful sprained paw. So you can figure she really doesn't like to go.

So our owner made a deal with the vet's staff. We would both go in like nothing was going to happen and they would be ready with the liquid vaccine in the reception area. No exam room, no weighing and no poking. So we got there and it all worked like clockwork. The vet tech even hauled out the best treats.... from Mud Bay! I was well behaved and Francesca fell for the treats. Before we knew it... all was done!

The Big Break Out
So we got home and our owner thought we were back to resting because it was so hot out. Francesca went outside and was going to lay down in the shade when she spied something. The man next door was having landscaping work done and Francesca could see under the fence. Well, she proceeded to dig in the soft, dry dirt and a hole appeared.

At that point I said to Francesca, "You'd better not do it! I'm going inside to rest on my bed in the A/C. You'd better not do anything!"

About an hour later, our owner got a call from the neighbor down the street. THEY HAD FRANCESCA! Francesca had gone under the fence and out the next door neighbor's open gate. (When you have landscaping work done, they leave the gate open.)

So, fortunately, Francesca was at another house, unharmed, playing in the kid's swimming pool. She told me she already had been in a fight with the neighbor's dog who didn't like her at all. The kids loved her.

Francesca Slinks Around
So Francesca got home, wet paws and all and looked really guilty. I told her, "I told you so!" She wanted water and a treat and decided to go rest on her bed. She had experienced freedom and decided it was both scary and fun. I saw the hole and didn't go near it. I know better. I've been free several times and I always end up getting locked in a neighbor's yard while they call my owner.

Hot Dogs

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon