Wednesday, October 8, 2014

What I Think of My New Healthy Dog Food #PawNatural

Looks good to me!
I've been trying a new kibble, Canine PowerFood, a new holistic dog food developed by Only Natural Pet.

It's the Poultry Feast. Since I have experienced some food allergies in the past, I've learned that poultry is a pretty safe choice. I think it's beef that I am allergic to. Sometimes I get pink on the tummy and sometimes I get really itchy ears. That's how I know I am allergic to a certain food.

I am pleased to announce that I AM NOT ALLERGIC TO Canine PowerFood™ . In fact, the company makes the food from all natural ingredients and is careful to avoid those that can cause allergic reactions. I like that!

So, you'll all want to know.... what does it taste like? Well, first of all it smells good. It isn't stinky like some dog foods. And secondly, it is fresh-tasting right out of the bag. I prefer a little water with my kibble and so I've been having my new food slightly dampened. And it does taste good. I look forward to my two meals a day.

I've read the fine print and know what's in the food, and it's all good! Here are the ingredients for these new foods made by Only Natural Pet:

  • Natural meat, poultry, and fish supply high-quality protein dogs crave and need for optimal health.
  • Herring oil provides the Omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, which have been extensively studied for anti-inflammatory benefits. Ground flaxseed is the source of the third major Omega-3, alpha linolenic acid, as well as lignans, which have antioxidant properties.
  • Apples, cranberries, carrots, and tomatoes have natural antioxidant content, which includes beta-carotene, lutein, anthocyanins, phenols, and bioflavonoids. Berries are well known for having the highest antioxidant content among all fruits and vegetables-cranberries being at the top of the list-and apples are right behind them.
  • Four ingredients that the body uses to maintain joint cartilage in good repair and keep joints healthy and flexible: glucosamine hydrochloride, chondroitin sulfate, green-lipped mussels, and sea cucumbers.
  • Chicory root is a source of fructo-oligosaccharides, which nourish the gut bacteria. These bacteria play a huge role in immune system function and overall health of the body.
  • Pumpkin powder provides an array of antioxidants as well as fiber.
  • Three varieties keep your dog interested and prevent finicky behavior and immune system over-reactivity that can result from feeding the same food day in and day out for years

Here is what is in the PowerBoost
I knew you'd be impressed. I certainly was! I am very pleased that Only Natural Pet sent me the new food to try. You can order samples or a bag of food online. Since the product has just launched there are some great prices and discounts.

Gotta run... time for breakfast!

Love, Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon