Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Painting of MY Bench: Better Late Than Never

You may recall that I posted a survey to get input on the best bench color for my old weathered blue bench. Well that was clear back in MARCH! The winning color was turquoise and I really looked forward to my newly painted bench.
Here I am relaxing on my decrepit bench

That's when the waiting started. Nothing happened. Nothing got painted. I ended up relaxing on a paint-chipped sorry excuse for a bench FOR SIX MONTHS. SIX MONTHS, MIND YOU!

So today, there was movement in the right direction. We got in the car and pulled into the HOME DEPOT parking lot!
Here's Home Depot in Portland, just across the bridge.
We go over there to save on sales tax.
Notice how sunny it is. A great day for bench painting, I thought!

Now this Home Depot allows dogs so I hopped out of the car, and proudly walked in. I was even greeted by the Home Depot greeter at the door! We headed straight away for the paint department. There were so many choices, I didn't know where to begin.

Luckily for me there was a staffmember named David who helped us out. He spoke Spanish, too. I read that on his apron. Gracias Amigo!

So David said to pick out any color we wanted and he would mix that color in a quart of paint for MY BENCH. He recommended semi-gloss.

Here I am checking out a paint color. It was teal. Close enough to turquoise for me.
I handed the paint sample to David.
So once we chose our color (the turquoise reminded me of my home town, Santa Fe) the paint was mixed and put into a machine to make sure it was ready for painting. While they did that, I schmoozed with the other patrons and chose a brush.

We took our paint and I trotted out the door. I LIKE HOME DEPOT!

Soon we were home. My owner got everything ready and then I decided to take a nap and stay out of her way. When I woke up I saw the first coat ON MY BEAUTIFUL BENCH (Banco in Spanish). More work has to be done but I know I'll love relaxing on it.
Don't say it's too bright. It will get darker when it dries.
And, besides, I LOVE IT!

ME GUSTA MUCHO MI BANCO NUEVO!

Love, Cinnamon (the happy dog)

1 comment:

  1. You get your own bench?! When I'm outside I have to lay on grass. I'm jealous.

    Dutchess

    P.S. I live in Colorado. It would be difficult for me to have an outdoor bench.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon