Sunday, April 13, 2014

Neglect leads to Cuddly Cinnamon

Yesterday was one of those really boring, nothing for Cinnamon days. I knew something was up because she was packing the car on Friday with bins and a table. Something was up and IT DIDN'T INCLUDE ME!

So I was not surprised when I woke up at 9 a.m. yesterday to an empty house. No one to greet me. No one to pet me. SHE WAS GONE!

So I got up and wandered outside. Colibri the hummingbird greeted me. I checked my bowl and it was full of kibble. It just didn't seem appetizing so I went back to bed.

About noon I got up again. NO ONE WAS HOME! I was all alone and was feeling very neglected. I decided not to eat. I am a social hound and I like to have company when I eat.

I spent most of my day sleeping. I spent all of my day ALONE! I did do some thinking. I wondered If I should dig out of the yard and run away. I wondered if I should be annoying and bark so the neighbors might call the humane society. But I did none of that. I pretty well slept the day away.

I decided that I would give her the cold shoulder IF AND WHEN she came home. What I really wanted was to be loved and petted, though. At 5 p.m. I had about given up. My hunger strike had persisted throughout the day. I was feeling mighty sorry for myself.

All of a sudden, I heard the garage door open and the car. SHE WAS HOME! I tried the cold shoulder trick. I stayed upstairs on my bed until she called me FOUR TIMES! But then I gave in. I bounded down the stairs and greeted her. She was very happy to see me and she petted me and sat with me outside. She encouraged me to eat, and I did. I was so happy!
She's home!

Instead of being stand-offish, I spent the whole evening cuddling, being petted and playing with my toys with my owner. She really does love me. I went to bed feeling loved and cared for.

Even so.... I don't like those arts and crafts sale days. I DON'T LIKE BEING ALONE!

Love, Cinnamon

2 comments:

  1. I get cuddly when after I's been left alone too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hate being left alone too. And our Sister Solidarity melts away after the Mamas come looking for us. We too, can't stand to ignore them for longer than a few seconds after they get home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon