Thursday, February 6, 2014

Coonhound Definitions: Coonie Ball

This is a stellar example of a "Coonie Ball"
Today is a great day to talk about "Coonie Balls." No, I'm not getting personal about male dogs or talking about the latest toy.

Today it is really cold out. Well, cold for here in Washington state. It is supposed to snow. The wind is whipping the tops of the tall Douglas Fir trees and I DON'T WANT TO GET OUT OF BED!

When I want to be protected or to stay warm I curl up in a very tight ball. I tuck my nose and tail in and end up with a very neat ball. I can make myself look very small this way.

So here it is 8:30 in the morning and I'm still balled up. This sleeping position is known among us houndies as a "Coonie Ball." I'm very good at making them.

Wake me up when it gets warm, OK?

3 comments:

  1. It always amazes my how my coonhound can stretch out the whole length of the bed or roll himself up in tight little connie ball. He didn't want to get up this morning either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. be glad you are not down here in Denver with its -10 weather, at least we get the beautiful sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute lil coon ball you makes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon