Monday, October 28, 2013

On Rock Climbing and Equipment Needs

Hi Guys. I slept in this morning. My owner went off to have a cup of tea and a scone with her friends and I just stayed in bed! I think all that fresh sea air wore me out.
Here I am climbing up a rock at the Oregon Coast

I was looking at our pictures and remembering how much fun it was to climb the big rocks on the Oregon Coast.

I'm really pretty good at it. I have great balance and can get up the side of a huge rock so I can stand on it and look all gorgeous. I love standing high up on rocks and logs so I can look out over the sea. I THINK I CAN SEE RUSSIA! (insider joke).

Here I am looking out to sea. Did you notice my ill-fitting harness?
So when I was in Yachats I climbed up the rocks and peered over cliffs and found out that I can get up almost everything. Well, except a tree to catch a squirrel. When I was at Siletz Bay, I climbed up on the driftwood. That was fun too.

I know there are dogs called Treeing Walker Coonhounds. I wish I could climb tree trunks like they do. But I think my legs are too short.

Since my owner is gone for awhile, I've been taking a look at my equipment. Now that I am a long distance walker AND A CLIMBER, I might need a harness that fits better.

Heck, I could practically fall out of this one... it is so big. Do you see how it is hanging off me? (And, doesn't it make me look fat?)

I think I'll go on Amazon.com and see what I can find. This one is a size M/L so maybe I just need a Medium. My owner likes the easy-walk type harnesses because I don't pull as much. Between you and me, I don't like pulling when I walk anyway... except when I encounter another interesting dog on the trail.

I'd better stop writing so I can get my shopping done before my owner comes home!

Love, Cinnamon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Love, Cinnamon